In recent months, my roommates, K, and assorted friends have begun a daily trivia contest. Each of us creates quizzes for dedicated days of the week (I have Tuesday), and then we e-mail them to each other. It's a great way to kill time at work, or to realize how dumb you are.
1.) You must know the knowledge off the top of your head.
2.) Ten questions
3.) As many bonus questions as you want.
4.) New theme every week (i.e. food, sailing terminology, Harry Potter)
5.) No looking up the answers when you're taking the quiz.
1. Name the college attended by these former NBA players (.25 each):
a. Michael Jordan
b. Scottie Pippen
c. Charles Barkley
d. Larry Bird
2. The Super Bowl trophy is named after who?
3. Name two of the last five (5) Heisman trophy winners (.5 each).
4. Wayne Gretzky played on four NHL teams during his career. Name two of them(.5 each).
5. You're taking an NBA three-pointer from the top of the key. How far away are you from the hoop? (Within one foot, include inches.)
6. Match the sport to the term associated with it (.25 each):
a. scrum 1. golf
b. scull 2. rugby
c. foil 3. rowing
d. mulligan 4. fencing
7. Who is the first man in history to run a sub-four minute mile?
8. Who hopes the career MLB record for most bases stolen in a career?
9. Briefly describe the difference between a 3-4 defense and 4-3 defense, in football.
10. Name the four disciplines in women's artistic gymnastics. Not rhythmic (.25 each).
Bonus #1: What is the ball called in jai alai?
Bonus #2: Who is the number one seed in the 2010 Men's NCAA Lacrosse Championships?
Bonus #3: Briefly explain who Eddie Gaedel is.