In recent months, my roommates, K, and assorted friends have begun a daily trivia contest. Each of us creates quizzes for dedicated days of the week (I have Tuesday), and then we e-mail them to each other. It's a great way to kill time at work, or to realize how dumb you are.
1.) You must know the knowledge off the top of your head.
2.) Ten questions
3.) As many bonus questions as you want.
4.) New theme every week (i.e. food, sailing terminology, Harry Potter)
5.) No looking up the answers when you're taking the quiz.
1. Match the state nickname to the appropriate state:
a. Show Me State Montana
b. Beehive State Missouri
c. Gem State Utah
d. Big Sky Country Idaho
2. What is Dr. Seuss’ real name?
3. Please give a brief description of the term “Phi Slama Jama,” and who it is applied to.
4. Name two nicknames for Babe Ruth, other than Babe (.5 each).
5. The term “Oz” is used to describe what country?
6. Who is “The Muscles from Brussels”?
7. What European city is known as the “City of the Seven Hills”?
8. A “Nutmegger” is a person from what state?
9. Two U.S. presidents have earned the nickname “The Accidental President.” Name one of them. (Just think about it for a second.)
10. What is Barack Obama’s Secret Service nickname?
Bonus #1: Who is The Butterscotch Bandit? Why (in the most PG way possible) was this person nicknamed this? (1 pt. each)
Bonus #2: What is the word “Beastie” an acronym for in The Beastie Boys?