1. What is the difference between New England clam chowder and Manhattan clam chowder?
New England is cream-based, while Manhattan is a clear broth with tomato
2. In what state was the first McDonald’s?
3. Put these Starbucks sizes in order, from smallest to largest:
4. In what New York neighborhood is the original Nathan’s Famous hot dog stand?
5. Please define scrapple. I’ll accept a variety of answers, and will award between .25 and 1 points for a correct answer.
Acceptable buzz words: Philadelphia, pork scraps, chunk of garbage
6. What are Rocky Mountain oysters?
7. What is a chuckwagon?
Wagon used to transport food in the old West
8. Which of these famous chefs is NOT American?
a. Julia Child
b. Emeril Lagasse
c. Paul Prudhomme
d. Hubert Keller
9. The Caesar Salad is thought to have been created in what American city?
a. New York
b. Los Angeles
d. San Diego
10. What is a muffuletta?
New Orleans sandwich with cold cuts and olive spread
Bonus #1: Residents of what U.S. state eat more SPAM per capita than any other?
Bonus #2: Name the four traditional ingredients in Eggs Benedict (.25 each).
Eggs, English muffin, Hollandaise sauce, ham
Bonus #3: In the same vein, list the two ingredients (other than clams) used to create Clams Casino.
Bacon, bread crumbs
Number of entries: 8
High score: 9.5, John Sheldon
Low score: 4.5, he-who-shall-remain-nameless
Average score: 7.34
Median score: 7