In recent months, my roommates, K, and assorted Baltimore friends have begun a daily trivia contest. Each of us creates quizzes for dedicated days of the week (I have Tuesday), and then we e-mail them to each other. It's a great way to kill time at work, or to realize how dumb you are.
1.) You must know the knowledge off the top of your head.
2.) Ten questions
3.) As many bonus questions as you want.
4.) New theme every week (i.e. food, sailing terminology, Harry Potter)
5.) No looking up the answers when you're taking the quiz.
So, I decided that every Tuesday night, I'll post my quiz from the day. If you want to participate, leave your answers in the comments. Maybe if this catches on I'll give away a prize or something.
This week's quiz: MANLY STUFF
1. On February 11, 1990, Mike Tyson went into a bout a 42-1 favorite,
and came out as the loser. Who defeated him?
2. Bourbon is made primarily from what grain?
3. Briefly explain the infield fly rule.
4. How many women did Wilt Chamberlain claim to have slept with?
5. Who invented dynamite?
6. Match the "Rocky" film to Rocky's opponent
Rocky Ivan Drago
Rocky II Apollo Creed
Rocky III Clubber Land
Rocky IV Tommy Gunn
Rocky V Apollo Creed
Rocky Balboa (Ha! Just kidding that movie sucked.)
7. How many rounds does the standard-issue Colt 45 (Colt Single Action Army) hold?
8. Rank these poker hands from LEAST valuable to MOST valuable.
Three of a kind
9. Name one brand of chainsaws. (Not "Uh I bought this at Sears." The
10. Fill in the blank on these classic, must-have albums (.25 each)
a. Johnny Cash "Live at ______ Prison"
b. Beastie Boys "_____ Boutique"
c. AC/DC "Highway to _____"
d. Guns n Roses "______ for Destruction"
1.)What does WD-40 stand for?
2.) When felling a tree, your first chop should be parallel to the
ground. Your second chop should come ____ degrees above that first
chop. (I will accept anything within 5 degrees of the correct answer.)
3.) Who is the greatest American novelist? I realize you may think
this is an opinion question, but it is not. Take a guess; maybe I'll
give you a half-point. Hint: it's a man.
4.) Name as many Bruce Springsteen albums as you can. Each is worth .5 points.
5.) What is Michael Jordan's middle name?