1. On February 11, 1990, Mike Tyson went into a bout a 42-1 favorite,
and came out as the loser. Who defeated him?
2. Bourbon is made primarily from what grain?
3. Briefly explain the infield fly rule.
At least one person on first, maybe one on second and third. Less than two outs. Automatic out called during an infield pop-up so the fielder doesn’t intentionally drop the ball and turn a double play.
4. How many women does Wilt Chamberlain claim to have slept with?
5. Who invented dynamite?
6. Match the "Rocky" film to Rocky's opponent
Rocky Apollo Creed (though, it has been pointed out, it’s also his own demons)
Rocky II Creed
Rocky III Clubber Lang
Rocky IV Ivan Drago
Rocky V Tommy Gunn
Rocky Balboa (Ha! Just kidding that movie sucked.)
7. How many rounds does the Colt 45 (Colt Single Action Army) hold?
8. Rank these poker hands from LEAST valuable to MOST valuable.
Three of a kind
9. Name one brand of chainsaws. (Not "Uh I bought this at Sears." The
Stihl, Husqvarna, Craftsman, etc.
10. Fill in the blank on these classic, must-have albums (.25 each)
a. Johnny Cash "Live at FOLSOM Prison"
b. Beastie Boys "PAUL’S Boutique"
c. AC/DC "Highway to HELL"
d. Guns n Roses "APPETITE for Destruction"
1.)What does WD-40 stand for?
Water Displacement- 40th Attempt
2.) When felling a tree, your first chop should be parallel to the
ground. Your second chop should come ____ degrees above that first
chop. (I will accept anything within 5 degrees of the correct answer.)
There was some disagreement on this one, so I took anything from 45 to 60.
3.) Who is the greatest American novelist? I realize you may think
this is an opinion question, but it is not. Take a guess; maybe I'll
give you a half-point. Hint: it's a man.
4.) Name as many Bruce Springsteen albums as you can. Each is worth .5 points.
• 1973: Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J.
• 1973: The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle
• 1975: Born to Run
• 1978: Darkness on the Edge of Town
• 1980: The River
• 1982: Nebraska
• 1984: Born in the U.S.A.
• 1987: Tunnel of Love
• 1992: Human Touch
• 1992: Lucky Town
• 1995: The Ghost of Tom Joad
• 2002: The Rising
• 2005: Devils & Dust
• 2006: We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions
• 2007: Magic
• 2009: Working on a Dream
5.) What is Michael Jordan's middle name?
A few statistics from this week's quiz:
High score: Ryan P with 14.5
Average score: 8.15
Median score: 7