1. “Frasier” was a spinoff of what show?
2. Match the catchphrase to the series it appeared on:
“That’s what she said.” The Office
“Did I do thatttt?” Family Matters
“Eat my shorts!” The Simpsons
“Legend-wait for it- DARY.” How I Met Your Mother
3. In addition to the original “Law and Order,” the series has produced four spinoffs bearing the “Law and Order” moniker. Name them. (.25 points each)
Special Victims Unit, Criminal Intent, Trial by Jury, Crime and Punishment. There is also a Law and Order: Los Angeles in the works.
4. Two of the three longest running sitcoms of all time are animated. Name them. (.5 each)
Okay, this was supposed to be The Simpsons and King of the Hill, but South Park has now jumped up into the top three as well, so I accepted all of those answers.
5. Fill in the blank (note: these are each ONE WORD answers) (.25 each):
King of QUEENS (not the TWO WORD answer that most people gave, "the Hill")
The BEVERLY Hillbillies
SIX Feet Under
6. Other than Conan O’Brien, four men have been the full-time host of “The Tonight Show.” Name two of them. (.5 each, .5 bonus for each of the other two)
7. In 2009, which comedy series was nominated for more Emmy Awards in one year than any series ever before?
8. In what year did MTV debut?
9. Who won the first season of “American Idol”?
10. What do the following television personalities have in common? Hint, it’s in their blood.
They're all dirty Canucks.
a. Alex Trebek
b. Peter Jennings
c. Mike Myers
d. Pamela Anderson
Bonus #1: Name as many members of the original cast of Saturday Night Live as you can (.5 points each)
Dan Aykroyd, John Belushi, Chevy Chase, Jane Curtin, Garrett Morris, Laraine Newman, Gilda Radner
Bonus #2: Name the first four cities MTV's Real World was held in (.5 each, and I will only accept the first four answers you type)
New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, London
Bonus #3: Each of the five seasons of "The Wire" focused on a different theme. Name each theme. (.5 points each)
The Game, The Docks, The Politics, The Schools, The Press
A few statistics:
Total number of participants: 13
High score: Tom M. (16.75)
Average score: 12.69
Median score: 12.25