3.30.2010

How a Tostitos bag blew my mind


I eat a fair amount of Tostitos. Probably more than I should, and definitely more than any other tortilla chip brand. So when I saw this post on Texts From Last Night, my head nearly exploded:

(519):
dude i just figured out that the tostitos sign is two people eating chips and salsa. being high totally pays off sometimes


I sprinted into Bert's room, where a veritable graveyard of Tostitos bags usually resides. And there, plain as day, were two wonderful amputees, dipping one tortilla chip into a baptismal font of salsa.

How have I missed this my entire chip-eating life? I was almost as excited/angered at myself when I discovered the hidden arrow in the FedEx logo a few years ago. Tricky people, ad men.



Now my next question: does everyone else know about this? Am I the only moron stumbling around, blindly jabbing my hands into bags of chips? Are there other logos with these hidden symbols? I feel like I'm a character in the damn Da Vinci Code.

11 comments:

  1. dawg, you butchered the fedex logo! here's a link to a non distorted one! http://whereisbartleby.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/fedex-logo.jpg

    also, tostitos is in need of a major rebrand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Tostitos one is pretty sweet. And I never noticed that FedEx arrow until now. Also, growing up I thought the Yankees symbol was some sort of Chinese character and that the old Atlanta Hawks logo was a Pacman mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about either one. But I'm not known for my attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy shit a fucking salsa party in a font!

    I mean. I knew that all along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.graphicdesignblog.org/images/more-hidden-logos/robbins.png

    Tried to trigger my memory with other ones, but no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.graphicdesignblog.org/images/gdb-6/famous-single-letter-logo-1.jpg

    There was an old Honda Civic commercial that turned the letters "inside out" and merged them together to form the Honda H.

    C I V I )

    The last symbol is supposed to be a backwards C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V86wJWtP8Y&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1V86wJWtP8Y&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another reader recommended looking at the Big Ten logo. CLOSELY.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I never noticed that tostitis logo! Dang. Mind, blown.

    ReplyDelete
  11. also i never knew the saturn symbol was the actual planet... i always thought it was just some random curvy lines

    ReplyDelete