10.27.2009

A World Series preview, or, "Somewhere, a Cleveland Indians fan is crying"


Wednesday’s World Series Game 1 starter for the New York Yankees: 2007 American League Cy Young Award winner and former Cleveland Indian CC Sabathia


Wednesday’s World Series Game 1 starter for the Philadelphia Phillies: 2008 American League Cy Young Award winner and former Cleveland Indian Cliff Lee


Somewhere in Cleveland, a restless Fausto Carmona is crossing his fingers and hoping for a trade.
--

Now I realize this will alienate almost every single reader I have, but I could care less about this World Series. As a Red Sox fan, I don’t want the Yankees to win. As someone who spent four years living in Philadelphia, the last thing I’d want is for the folks of that city to have something else to gloat about.

Maybe I’ll just root for Joe Buck to not sound like a moron.

5 comments:

  1. Let's Go YANKEES.......Hey Brad, The Boston Red Soxs had been on vacation for over a week now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya, Brad. I'm rooting for the riots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry the Sox have turned into a Joke with all their bandwagon fans and we have a real team and fans.


    And didn't you grow up in new york? WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fuckin Native American Indians are crying because they are exploited through Athletic teams: Look at this we have the Indians, Braves, Redskins wtf redskins like how about we have the blackskins or the whiteskins that'll go really well..

    ReplyDelete