6.03.2009

The Robot Evangelist


Growing up in New York, I went to church every Sunday, like clockwork. And while I don't regularly attend church anymore, I think I learned some valuable lessons. Many of which I've gone on to break in various ways, but that's beside the point.

What the point is, though, is that there are effective ways to reach people with religion. The man in the video above, Jeff Steinberg, is not one of those ways. See Steinberg is a traveling evangelist, and his only job is to convert people to Christianity.

Yes, his last name IS Steinberg- apparently he was his first convert.

(At this point, you should watch the video, all the way through, and then return.)


Anddddd we're back!

Okay, so that was nuts right? For a minute, let's set aside the fact that the guy has a claw for an arm and dysfunctional legs.

What the hell is he talking about? Tiny giants! A backing track provided by some sort of Halloween/ World of Science collaboration! A sequined tuxedo!

There's a giant who lives inside of me, a giant that everyone can see!


Now that's just gibberish. I think seeing this guy as a child at any sort of Christian event would've thrown me directly into the arms of Judaism or Islam.

P.S.- If for some reason you ignored my VERY SPECIFIC instruction and didn't watch the entire video, skip ahead to 3:30 and watch the last 15 seconds. I promise you it's worth it.

8 comments:

  1. I know it kind of makes you feel dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel scared watching the first couple seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was by far one of the scariest things I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't you love those weird noises? what the fuck?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was like something out of a David Lynch movie. A word of advice, a little less evil laugh and a lot more not singing at all...

    ReplyDelete
  7. good one! david lynch is right on! i could see this dude with a role in twin peaks.

    so ... was it circus music? is this a circus? and are the ticks -- head bopping and swinging -- uncontrollable?

    so many questions ...

    ReplyDelete